* Windows Mobile Device Center installed on Windows Vista / Windows 7 or
* ActiveSync installed on Windows XP
* You must have any SPL version from this list on your device:
o SPL 1.42.0000
o SPL 1.62.0000
o SPL 1.66.0000
o SPL 2.07.0000
o SPL 2.08.0000
o SPL 2.10.0000
(To check your SPL version, hold the Volume Down button and do a reset)
You should have this SPL version unless you are using the latest 3.14 ROM with SPL 3.03.0000.
No worry, just downgrade your Windows Mobile ROM from v3.14 to v1.66 will do.
Download HTC HD2 v1.66 ROM. Then downgrade your phone from SPL 3.03.0000 to SPL 1.42.000.
Step by Step Guide
1. Power off your phone.
2. Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
3. It will load into bootloader.
4. You should get ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen with SPL-1.42.
5. Take off the battery.
6. Power on your phone.
7. Connect USB cable from PC to phone after Windows Mobile loaded.
8. Select ‘ActiveSync’ and click ‘Done’.
9. Open HSPL3_PKG.zip with 7-Zip.
10. Copy HSPL3_PKG.exe to desktop.
11. Execute HSPL3_PKG.
12. Follow onscreen instructions to install.
13. Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
14. Bootloader will be loaded with USB status during starting of installation.
15. Select ’2.08.HSPL’ to install.
16. After installation, you should see ‘We hacked it!’ on your phone.
17. Click on ‘Yes’ and your phone should be rebooted and load into Windows Mobile.
18. Disconnect USB cable from phone.
19. To verify, power off your phone.
20. Press volume down button (don’t let go) and power on your phone.
21. It will load into bootloader.
22. You should get ‘Red, Green, Blue and White’ screen with SPL-2.08.HSPL.
23. That’s all.